Friday, March 17, 2017
This post is woefully late, since the nominations for Hugo Awards close tonight. I'm afraid personal circumstances have prevented me from posting for several months, and from finishing up my short fiction reading project the way I intended, but for what it's worth, these are some of the works I just nominated for the Hugo Awards. (I nominated other works as well, but these are the ones that I would like to draw attention to, for a variety of reasons.)
- "The Long Fall Up" by William Ledbetter, F&SF May-June 2016
- "The Map of Tiny Perfect Things" by Lev Grossman, Summer Days and Summer Nights (anthology), St. Martin's Griffin, 2016
BEST SHORT STORY
- "Sparrows" by Gary Emmett Chandler, Flash Fiction Online, May 2016
- "Millepora" by Shannon Peavey, Flash Fiction Online, March 2016
- "The Right Sort of Monsters" by Kelly Sandoval, Strange Horizons, April 2016
- "The Opening of the Bayou Saint John" by Shawn Scarber, Strange Horizons, February 2016
- "Walls of Nigeria" by Jeremy Szal, Nature, August 2016
BEST DRAMATIC PRESENTATION, LONG FORM
BEST DRAMATIC PRESENTATION, SHORT FORM
- Beautiful Dreamer, directed by David Gaddie, based on the short story "Memories of My Mother" by Ken Liu"
If you are eligible to nominate, please do, even if you only nominate a single work or person. Every nomination counts!