Thursday, June 23, 2016

Story reprint (first time online) - Suicide Club

I promise this blog will return to mostly reviews in the very near future, but I wanted to mention that one of my short stories, "Suicide Club", has just been reprinted in Trigger Warning: Short Fiction with Pictures, and I couldn't be more thrilled! This is the first time I've had a story illustrated, and I think artist John Skewes really did the story justice -- I just love his style.

The story is short, at only 1,500 words. In light of full disclosure, please be aware that "Suicide Club" is not a cheerful story. However, aside from a little profanity, it's not graphic. (And it's also not autobiographical!) If you want to find out what the first rule of "Suicide Club" is, click here.

Last but not least, there's one aspect of the story that people tend to interpret in different ways. To get a better idea of where people stand on that, I've created a very brief, three-question survey here. I'd appreciate your feedback!



No comments: